Avatar Sea of Blue Forum, based on James Cameron's Avatar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Noble Collection Neytiri dagger repaint
Avatar forum members dwindling EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 12:23 pm by Wameyn

» any Ideas of Na`vi Names
Avatar forum members dwindling EmptyThu May 02, 2019 11:56 am by Suk`ari

» Some Information about the Ikran clan leaderin and the Tayrangi clan
Avatar forum members dwindling EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 7:49 am by Suk`ari

» A fan project - Avatar Pandora diorama DIY
Avatar forum members dwindling EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 6:27 am by Gracienewbie

Avatar forum members dwindling EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 3:13 pm by Wameyn

» What is making you smile?
Avatar forum members dwindling EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 3:10 pm by Wameyn

» NFL season!!!
Avatar forum members dwindling EmptyWed Sep 19, 2018 1:18 pm by Ja'k Dawsiin

Avatar forum members dwindling EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 9:40 pm by Ja'k Dawsiin

» Avatar Sequel timeline of news and picture updates
Avatar forum members dwindling EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 9:25 pm by Ja'k Dawsiin

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 171 on Fri May 28, 2021 12:28 am
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Avatar Sea of Blue Forum, based on James Cameron's Avatar on your social bookmarking website

4 posters

Go down

Avatar forum members dwindling Empty Avatar forum members dwindling

Post by Wameyn Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:01 am

It seems to me here in the last 6 months especially memberships at all the Avatar forums I am a member of have really been dying off, sad to see, people have hung on for a long time even though there's not really much new to talk about regarding Avatar, maybe the talk of Avatar 2 being pushed back has helped drive even the diehards off. I'm sure closer to when it comes out people will come back and I expect those forums will be busier than ever.

When I was still active on AF every now and then we'd get people like Wind who had recently discovered Avatar and that was always fun to see the excitement and be reminded of how you felt when you first watched it, but it seemed there almost as many trolls were old timers as were regular members. While I've never been a big poster on Tree of Souls I enjoy lurking there from time to time it also is very slow. Naviblue seems ready to lynch their site owner over the technical issues that's plagued them for quite awhile and like the other two are very slow as most people are no longer active.

I hope all these forums continue to stay up and running and survive to Avatar 2, I know there aren't many of us, but thanks for being a great and tight knit community guys! I can also promise you all this, as long as just one other person wants this forum open Ill always keep it going. I especially don't want to see AF fold, for me it's a large piece of my Avatar history and where I learned so much and met almost all of you. It's also cool because it was around when Avatar opened and I used to enjoy reading old posts from before we knew much about the movie, very entertaining and cool, it would be a shame to see that all go away. Not trying to scare anyone as I have never heard a thing about any of the mentioned sites closing down, it's just good to be mindful it's a real possibility due to the costs of running a forum that will handle the traffic those are capable of. Also keep in mind when forums do fold they do so normaly quickly and without warning. The very first Avatar forum I was apart of long ago failed, one day it just no longer worked, and that sucks I had some good friends there I never talked to again. Make sure you guys have alternate ways to talk to your forum friends!

Anyways 2am ramble over! :sleep:
Wameyn
Wameyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Avatar forum members dwindling Empty Re: Avatar forum members dwindling

Post by The Silver Stag Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:05 am

This is a shame, I guess after all this time, there is very little to discuss and I fear many people might have got over Avatar and now it's just a really good film in their eyes.

We need something new to discuss, hell even the novel would do :p I suppose it's the way of internet fora, sadly a day will come when these sites don't exist so yeah as you say, need to make other arrangements for keeping in touch :)
The Silver Stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Omaticaya Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:05 am

:'(

Well spoken man.

Omaticaya
Omaticaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Wameyn Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:58 pm

The Silver Stag wrote:This is a shame, I guess after all this time, there is very little to discuss and I fear many people might have got over Avatar and now it's just a really good film in their eyes.

We need something new to discuss, hell even the novel would do :p I suppose it's the way of internet fora, sadly a day will come when these sites don't exist so yeah as you say, need to make other arrangements for keeping in touch :)

My sentiments exactly...this would be such an awesome time for the novel...if we ever get a novel that is. :roll:
Wameyn
Wameyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind12 Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:52 pm

^ Thank you for posting this, it is very sobering. Yea time is a fickle thing, I hope that soon something will "happen" to help bridge the gap to help keep interest in the Avatar universe up, but I have been hoping that for a long time. Irayo for being so kind Drew, If we can just get over the hump and the "coming out date" solidifies and we can finally "see" it aproaching this will help alot IMO, come on JC ;)
Wind12
Wind12
Pandoras Meterologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down