Avatar Sea of Blue Forum, based on James Cameron's Avatar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Noble Collection Neytiri dagger repaint
Three years ago today I first saw Avatar EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 12:23 pm by Wameyn

» any Ideas of Na`vi Names
Three years ago today I first saw Avatar EmptyThu May 02, 2019 11:56 am by Suk`ari

» Some Information about the Ikran clan leaderin and the Tayrangi clan
Three years ago today I first saw Avatar EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 7:49 am by Suk`ari

» A fan project - Avatar Pandora diorama DIY
Three years ago today I first saw Avatar EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 6:27 am by Gracienewbie

Three years ago today I first saw Avatar EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 3:13 pm by Wameyn

» What is making you smile?
Three years ago today I first saw Avatar EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 3:10 pm by Wameyn

» NFL season!!!
Three years ago today I first saw Avatar EmptyWed Sep 19, 2018 1:18 pm by Ja'k Dawsiin

Three years ago today I first saw Avatar EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 9:40 pm by Ja'k Dawsiin

» Avatar Sequel timeline of news and picture updates
Three years ago today I first saw Avatar EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 9:25 pm by Ja'k Dawsiin

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 171 on Fri May 28, 2021 12:28 am
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Avatar Sea of Blue Forum, based on James Cameron's Avatar on your social bookmarking website

Three years ago today I first saw Avatar

4 posters

Go down

Three years ago today I first saw Avatar Empty Three years ago today I first saw Avatar

Post by Wameyn Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:48 am

Its crazy to think how quickly time has flown by in the three years since then. I joined AF shortly after I first saw the movie because I wanted to know moarrr about everything in the movie from the Amp Suits to Neytiri to trying to remember what an Ikran/Banshee was called. Seemed like it took me until about December 21st to find the Avatar Forums. I know now they were there clear back in December but google search wasn't finding it for whatever reason back then. I was so glad when I found that place, so many questions that I had were answered.

I had no idea what to chose as my name on AF so on a whim I chose Col Miles Q as I'm sure several of you remember. It's just too funny to me no that of all things I chose that! I kept it until last year even, but I didn't really want to change until I found that perfect screen name for me, and it took me awhile to do that. What I found was "weyn" which means draw. As my name is "drew" I found out how to take draw and turn it into the past tense of the word so my Na'vi name literally means drew which I think is awesome. I went ahead and chose a last name as well, Seykxel, which means strong spiritually. I think my new name is more fitting.

Its almost funny now but we all just wanted the movie to come out on DVD/Blu Ray so badly, all I had was a crappy Russian bootleg that I had downloaded online. (Sorry about the downloaded bootleg JC, I made up for it by buying 7 copies of your wonderful movie) Other than officially released photos all we had were grainy images from bootlegs as screen shots. What I really can't believe is how many just awesome people I met on that forum. Many of you are here as well and looking back life would defiantly be different if I didn't have some of the friendships I've made because of this movie.

As awesome as Avatar is and as much as I enjoy it I am thankful most for all of you, and many others who have disappeared from my daily visits but, who nonetheless are still remembered. Can't wait until we can finally all go see Avatar 2...that will be a fine day indeed.

Three years ago today I first saw Avatar 135564edf6cf27f4c9344c9fbe5c5cce

My original ticket stub and 3D glasses

Three years ago today I first saw Avatar 18e49257896b839262879bf46908366f
Epicly bad quality of bootleg
Wameyn
Wameyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Three years ago today I first saw Avatar Empty Re: Three years ago today I first saw Avatar

Post by The Silver Stag Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:11 am

Nice post Wameyn :)

I foolishly delayed going to see Avatar at the cinema and so didn't get to see it until the following May when it came out on DVD, but for all those people both here and back on AF that were changed, I'm sure this time of year is very special.

Avatar is indeed phenomenal, but a major plus to it was that we all got to meet like-minded folks on different fora. I frequently wish my 'real life' friends were the people on here, but an internet connection to you all is the next best thing :)
The Silver Stag

Back to top Go down

Three years ago today I first saw Avatar Empty Re: Three years ago today I first saw Avatar

Post by Omaticaya Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:15 am

Wonderful Post Indeed Wameyn :)

I Agree with you... I can't Imagine What I had missed out if it wasn't for AVATAR. It seems so, 'impossible' to think it All comes down to just AVATAR, but I swear it is. Everything started from Avatar Forums, to endless Friends, the Passion, the Na'vi Language, and even other forums linked to Avatar, anything, anything I could think of in Life in these 3 years, has had some Link to AVATAR. *Getting Emotional*

<3

I See you Col Miles and Tarnished Soul *Pulling Your leg* :)

I wish too it was even better than this next best thing of being in touch with you so far away =)

I will post a photo of my ticket and glasses too! :):):) It was January 2010 <3 And yeah, I was Way glad, Honoured, to have bought 3 copies of it myself :)
Omaticaya
Omaticaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind12 Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:05 pm

That is an amazing post Wameyn, Irayo for sharing that with us, I am kicking my self three years later for not going to see Avatar that winter in all of its full glory, then in July of that following summer... I finally took the trip to Pandora, and I realized I couldn't leave, I have never felt the urge to join entertainment forums before Avatar, and I am a shy person, at first I found the Avatar wiki and made a couple of blogs thare, then a few months later, through that place I stumbled apoun AF, and My urge to join others that liked avatar was so much that I joined and soon after Waymen reached out to me noticing that I was from the same state as he, then I found Omaticaya and the rest is wonderful history :D :D

I am greatful to have you guys as friends, sharing our love of Avatar and our lives together, I feel Avatar has started me on a journey, I am thinking about doing things that I have never done before, and I hope some day to meet you great people face to face. Three years ago today I first saw Avatar 2681710442

I can't wait until Avatar 2 comes out, it will be better than the first one, because this time I know that I have friends who will be going on the journey with me!!
Wind12
Wind12
Pandoras Meterologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Wameyn Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:15 am

The Silver Stag wrote: Avatar is indeed phenomenal, but a major plus to it was that we all got to meet like-minded folks on different fora. I frequently wish my 'real life' friends were the people on here, but an internet connection to you all is the next best thing :)

I hear you there Stag...there's some fine people here, I truly wish we could all get together and hang but since we can't Im very much content with the 'net.
Wameyn
Wameyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down