Avatar Sea of Blue Forum, based on James Cameron's Avatar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Noble Collection Neytiri dagger repaint
Avatar Exhibit Updates EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 12:23 pm by Wameyn

» any Ideas of Na`vi Names
Avatar Exhibit Updates EmptyThu May 02, 2019 11:56 am by Suk`ari

» Some Information about the Ikran clan leaderin and the Tayrangi clan
Avatar Exhibit Updates EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 7:49 am by Suk`ari

» A fan project - Avatar Pandora diorama DIY
Avatar Exhibit Updates EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 6:27 am by Gracienewbie

Avatar Exhibit Updates EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 3:13 pm by Wameyn

» What is making you smile?
Avatar Exhibit Updates EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 3:10 pm by Wameyn

» NFL season!!!
Avatar Exhibit Updates EmptyWed Sep 19, 2018 1:18 pm by Ja'k Dawsiin

Avatar Exhibit Updates EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 9:40 pm by Ja'k Dawsiin

» Avatar Sequel timeline of news and picture updates
Avatar Exhibit Updates EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 9:25 pm by Ja'k Dawsiin

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 171 on Fri May 28, 2021 12:28 am
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Avatar Sea of Blue Forum, based on James Cameron's Avatar on your social bookmarking website

3 posters

Go down

Avatar Exhibit Updates Empty Avatar Exhibit Updates

Post by Wameyn Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:09 am

http://sciencefiction.com/2013/02/05/avatar-exhibit/

Here's the newest info I have on the now traveling Avatar Exhibit. It's headed to New Jersey next and will be in the Liberty Science Museum. Then after that it will be headed to Indiana. That's the closest it looks like it will be to me, which is about an 8 hour drive. Hopefully some of you will be able to catch it, I'd love to go, hope they release more locations that are closer in the future.

*Thanks to Alan for the dates and locations.

2/16/13-5/19/13 Liberty Science Center, Jersey City, NJ
6/22/13-9/22/13 Childrens Museum, Indianapolis, IN
10/26/13-1/26/14 Henry Ford Museum ­ Dearborn, MI
3/1/14-9/7/14 Museum of History and Industry, Chicago, IL
Wameyn
Wameyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Avatar Exhibit Updates Empty Re: Avatar Exhibit Updates

Post by Wind12 Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:44 am

^ Irayo for posting this tsmukan!!! I hope to one day see KC on that list. It does get to Chicago wich is its closest approach to me so far.
Wind12
Wind12
Pandoras Meterologist

Back to top Go down

Post by CyanRachel Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:14 pm

Jersey City Avatar Mini-Meet Up Details:

To visit the Avatar Exhibition at the Liberty Science Center on the last weekend of the exhibition. It will be a wonderful opportunity to meet up face to face with fellow Avatar fans, swap stories, talk Avatar and explore the local area as well as SEE AVATAR IN 3D ON THE BIG SCREEN!!!!

Dates:

16th to 19th May 2013 (Arrival day can be Wednesday 15th May, departure day can be Monday 20th May)

Jersey City, New Jersey.

Hotel Details:

The Holland Hotel, 175 12th St, Jersey City, NJ. Tel: (201) 963-6200.

Website: http://www.hollandmotorlodge.com/ This Jersey City hotel features a daily continental breakfast and free Wi-Fi. Guest rooms include cable TV. A microwave and a mini-fridge are provided in all rooms at The Holland Hotel. Rooms are simply styled and include a work desk and clock radio. Hotel Holland is a 5-minute walk from Newport Centre Mall, Newport PATH Rail station and the tram the goes past the Liberty Science Center.

We have been able to get a discount on the room prices for that time of the year. The rate will be $120 + 14% tax (=$136.80) per night. This can easily be halved (or more) if you room share with someone. To obtain the discount mention 'AVATAR' when making the booking.

To make a booking it is recommended that you call them. (See telephone number above).

Transport:

From Newark Airport:

By Rail – Newark Airport has its own rail station (http://www.panynj.gov/airports/ewr-public-transportation.html).
Catch a train from there to Newark (NJ Transit:
http://www.njtransit.com/hp/hp_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=HomePageTo ), about 5 minute ride and then catch a PATH train (http://www.panynj.gov/path/ ) to Journal to change trains and catch the train to Newport. About a 20 minute ride altogether The Holland Hotel is a 5 minute walk round the corner. ($8.25 EWR to Newark, Newark to Newport $2.25 = £10:50) By Road – Taxis are available from the airport and there is a good webpage with all the information this website:
http://www.panynj.gov/airports/ewr-taxi-car-van-service.html. The only down side with the taxi is the price at approximately $46.

Arriving by Train:

If travelling locally within New Jersey the local transport provider is New Jersey Transit (http://www.njtransit.com/hp/hp_servlet.srvhdnPageAction=HomePageTo). They provide services from across New Jersey and also from New York Penn Station. Arriving at Newark Penn Station you will need to change trains and take the PATH service as described above. If you are travelling from further afield then Amtrak (http://www.amtrak.com/home ) is the national carrier. They have services that call at Newark Penn station from where you can catch the PATH service as described above.

PATH (http://www.panynj.gov/path/ ) is the local subway service that operates from mid town Manhattan and Lower Manhattan through to Jersey City, Hoboken and Newark Penn station.

Arriving by bus:

New Jersey Transit is one of the main local bus service providers, but if you are coming from a little further away you might try Greyhound (www.greyhound.com/ ) or MegaBus (http://us.megabus.com/ )

Sooo...There you go. Look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible. It's you one chance to see Avatar in 3D on the big screen again.
CyanRachel
CyanRachel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wameyn Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:25 am

Wow this is awesome news, first I've heard about this little meet up. :)

Love all the details are already lined out too! Im going to share this at another Avatar Forum I am apart of if I dont see it there.
Wameyn
Wameyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind12 Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Irayo for sharing this! One day I will find a way to make to to a meet up... So jealous about the 3D, lol. :) :)
Wind12
Wind12
Pandoras Meterologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Wameyn Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:45 pm

I hope at some point the exhibit comes to KC!
Wameyn
Wameyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind12 Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:26 pm

^ My thoughts exactly!!
Wind12
Wind12
Pandoras Meterologist

Back to top Go down

Post by CyanRachel Mon May 06, 2013 6:23 pm

Less than a couple of weeks until the New Jersey Avatar Mini-Meet from 16th to 19th May 2013!!!

Just thought I would wake up the thread to see how many will be coming along to enjoy a bit of Avatar community goodness. This will be the last opportunity to explore the Avatar exhibit at the Liberty Science Centre and watch Avatar on the big screen in 3D

If you would like to come along we have arranged a discounted hotel:
The Holland Hotel, 175 12th St, Jersey City, NJ. Tel: (201)963-6200.

We have been able to get a discount on the room prices for that time of the year. The rate will be $120 + 14% tax (=$136.80) per night. This can easily be halved (or more) if you room share with someone. To obtain the discount mention 'AVATAR' when making your booking by ringing the number above.

Suggested itinerary: Well, the concept is (hehehe) we spend the Thursday and Friday exploring Jersey City and New York where there are more things to do than you can shake a stick at.

The Saturday and Sunday will be our Avatar days to enable us to explore the exhibit at the Liberty Science Center and watch Avatar, as well as explore the local area.

Costs:
Just to give you an idea of local transport cost and ticket for the museum check out the following:

New Jersey Transit Tram from Jersey City to the museum:
Trams are every 10 or 15 minutes and cost $2.10 each way with a journey time of 15 minutes. (Website: New Jersey Transit)

PATH trains to New York:
The trains run from Newport (10 minute walk from the hotel) to either 33rd Street New York or the World Trade Center. Journey times are about 20 minutes with the fare each way being $2.25. You can use a metro card, which can be bought at the stations. (Website: PATH - The Port Authority of NY & NJ)

Liberty Science Center:
General Admission to the museum + Avatar 3D is $23.25. You can pre-purchase your tickets from their website on this page.

Eating Places:
As for eating places in Jersey City, besides the Burger King next door to the hotel, there are a shed load of restaurants down Washington Blvd and in the mall next door. (Google Map)

So there we go, a bit more info for our meet up. If anyone has any questions, suggestions etc, then please feel free to fire away. Looking forward to hopefully seeing you there.
CyanRachel
CyanRachel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind12 Mon May 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Irayo for the update, one of these days I will be able to find a way to go to a meet up, I hope. :)
Wind12
Wind12
Pandoras Meterologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Wameyn Sun May 12, 2013 8:57 pm

^That sounds like its going to be a very fun get together, I need this exhibit to come to my part of the country.
Wameyn
Wameyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind12 Mon May 13, 2013 3:32 pm

My thoughts exactly!!!:)
Wind12
Wind12
Pandoras Meterologist

Back to top Go down

Post by CyanRachel Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:50 pm

Sorry for this belated post, but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed revisiting the Avatar exhibit last month, at the LSC here in New Jersey. We had a very small mini-meetup of clanmates (5 of us got to hang out in NYC, and 3 of us got to see the exhibit) to see the exhibit...with the added bonus of a screening of Avatar in 3D at the LSC theater. It was so awesome to be able to watch Avatar on a big screen in 3D again (with most of the audience consisting of regular, non-Avatar-fan people)! And it turns out the exhibit was "expanded" a tiny bit to include a small section on the biolume of Pandora and how biolume Earth creatures were the inspiration (this section of the exhibit was new, as it was not in the exhibit in Seattle). Anyway, it's just too bad we couldn't get more clanmates to join us, but hopefully many other fellow Avatar fans got to see the exhibit (and Avatar in 3D) at the LSC before it departed for its next destination.
CyanRachel
CyanRachel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind12 Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:53 pm

Irayo for the update tsmuke!!! Sounds like it was a blast.
Wind12
Wind12
Pandoras Meterologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Wameyn Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:44 am

CyanRachel wrote:Sorry for this belated post, but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed revisiting the Avatar exhibit last month, at the LSC here in New Jersey. We had a very small mini-meetup of clanmates (5 of us got to hang out in NYC, and 3 of us got to see the exhibit) to see the exhibit...with the added bonus of a screening of Avatar in 3D at the LSC theater. It was so awesome to be able to watch Avatar on a big screen in 3D again (with most of the audience consisting of regular, non-Avatar-fan people)! And it turns out the exhibit was "expanded" a tiny bit to include a small section on the biolume of Pandora and how biolume Earth creatures were the inspiration (this section of the exhibit was new, as it was not in the exhibit in Seattle). Anyway, it's just too bad we couldn't get more clanmates to join us, but hopefully many other fellow Avatar fans got to see the exhibit (and Avatar in 3D) at the LSC before it departed for its next destination.

Very awesome you got to experiance that Rachel, did you get any pictures by chance, I'd love to see them if you did.
Wameyn
Wameyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CyanRachel Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:20 pm

Kaltxi, Wameyn!
Yes, I did take some pics, but I haven't had a spare moment to download them from my camera yet. Hopefully I'll be doing that soon and posting the pics online.
CyanRachel
CyanRachel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind12 Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:30 pm

Can't wait to see them Navi Smile
Wind12
Wind12
Pandoras Meterologist

Back to top Go down

Post by CyanRachel Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Okay, sorry for the delay...here are links to some photos taken by me and fellow clanmate Alan at the LSC Avatar mini-meet, May 2013:

https://s845.photobucket.com/user/CyanRachel/library/LSC%20Avatar%20mini-meet%20May%202013

https://s845.photobucket.com/user/CyanRachel/library/LSC%20Avatar%20mini-meet%20May%202013/Alan%20photos%20of%20me%20LSC

The Avatar Exhibit at the LSC was 99% the same as it was in Seattle at the EMP museum. The only really new addition to the LSC version was the Biolume Info wall (which I was able to take a photo of). To see other photos of the exhibit (some taken by Alan I think), you can try searching for them on the Avatar-Forums site and/or Tree of Souls (each site has photo galleries where the pics should be posted). I didn't want to post those pics of Alan's here without his permission.
CyanRachel
CyanRachel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind12 Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Irayo for those pics!!! Everything looks so fun! Neat seeing Alan standing in the Avatar boots. :)
Wind12
Wind12
Pandoras Meterologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Wameyn Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:21 pm

Awesome pictures Rachel, thanks for sharing those all with us. Looks like you guys had a great time. Seeing you in those boots in front of Norms "shadow" just shows how huge the Na'vi really are, wow. I know that AMP suit is bad and all, but dang that thing is sweet looking...I have got to make my way to an Avatar exhibit ASAP.
Wameyn
Wameyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind12 Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:21 am

I agree, I really hope that it comes closer also, I want to stand in those boots!!
Wind12
Wind12
Pandoras Meterologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Wameyn Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Wind12 wrote:I agree, I really hope that it comes closer also, I want to stand in those boots!!

Road trip ma tsmukan!
Wameyn
Wameyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind12 Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:05 am

^ :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 
That would be epic!
Wind12
Wind12
Pandoras Meterologist

Back to top Go down

Post by CyanRachel Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:40 am

Wind12 and Wameyn --
Glad you liked the photos!

And yes, you should definitely go see the Avatar Exhibit if you can. My only "complaint" about it is it's not big enough...I wanted MORE of it (but that's more a positive than a negative). Hopefully they'll expand the exhibit to include more stuff after the sequel films are released.
CyanRachel
CyanRachel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind12 Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:25 pm

It really looks like an Amazing place Navi Smile
Wind12
Wind12
Pandoras Meterologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content